Ration Card Link with Aadhaar Card – The people to get the food grains and fuel at the subsidised rate use ration card. It serves as a proof of ID and address like other documents such as passport & PAN card. A candidate need to present two copies of a photo of the head of family, proof of identity, address and Rs.25 as a fee to get an APL or BPL card. You also need the old ration card if any.
It takes around one months time to get a ration card. A Ration card is helpful in social security benefits. The ration cards main purpose is to offer the food or other commodities that are in short supply during wartime/emergency situations when rationing is in force.
Ration Card Link with Aadhaar Card
- 1 Ration Card Link with Aadhaar Card
- 2 What is the need to link Ration Card with Aadhaar?
- 3 How to link Ration card with Aadhaar card?
- 4 Steps to Link Ration Card with Aadhaar Online Method
- 5 Steps to link Ration card with Aadhaar offline
- 6 Steps to link ration card with Aadhaar using SMS
- 7 Benefits of Linking ration card and Aadhaar card
Some people misuse the facility of ration card by obtaining multiple ration cards that deprive other deserving people. To avoid the misuse the government of India decided to link the ration card with an individuals ration card. It can remove the chances to obtain the multiple ration cards.
Types of Ration Card
The ration cards are available in three types
1. Extreme poverty level.
2. Below poverty line.
3. Above poverty line.
According to the categories, the ration cards are available in three colors Yellow, Orange and White. The yellow cards are available for below the poverty line. The orange card is for those whose annual income is between Rs.15000 and Rs. 1,00,000. Recently the government has issued Pink Ration Card is issued by State Government.
As we know that Aadhaar card is a unique identity that contains an individuals biometric information. By linking the Aadhaar with PAN, your financial transactions also linked.
As mentioned above in order to stop the instances of getting multiple ration cards by an individual. Along with government also wants to stop individuals who are not eligible for ration as their income is more the ration threshold from claiming ration.
1. It helps to ensure only the deserving people can get the subsidized items such as food grains, fuel etc.
2. It will reduce the fake Ration Cardholder who is eligible subsidies, which can otherwise be mean for BPL.
3. Once the Aadhaar is linked, a family will not be able to possess more than one ration card based on fake details.
4. It prevents the fraudulent activities by linking Aadhaar with Ration Card.
5. The biometric system would help PDS shops identify the genuine beneficiaries to get the benefits accordingly.
6. Diversion and leakage of PDS ration can be controlled.
7. Aadhaar creates an audit trail in PDS so identifying and eliminating corrupt intermediaries and adding efficiency in the framework.
You can link the ration card with Aadhaar in online as well as offline. You need to follow the simple steps mentioned below.
Steps to Link Ration Card with Aadhaar Online Method
1. Go to the official Aadhaar seeding website click the option Start Now.
2. Type your full address with district and state.
3. Out of the option provided, select the Benefit Type i.e. Ration Card.
4. Select the scheme name that is ration card.
5. Enter your ration card number, Aadhaar number, email ID and cell phone number.
6. You will receive One Time Password on the mobile number you have entered in the form.
7. The type that OTP after which the screen notification will inform you that the linking process is successful.
8. The application will be processed after the verification of the details provided.
9. You will receive a notification informing you that your Aadhaar card linked to your ration card.
Note: You must have a registered mobile number with Aadhaar in order to link ration card.
1. An individual who wants to link Aadhaar card with ration card needs to follow the steps mentioned below.
2. Take photocopies of Aadhaar cards of all family members and your ration card.
3. If your Aadhaar is not linked with your Aadhaar, take a photocopy of your bank passbook.
4. You also require taking a passport-sized photo of the head of your family and submitting these documents to the ration office.
5. As the documents reach the relevant department, you will receive an SMS or email once all the documents submitted.
6. The authorities process all your documents and the notification will appear once your ration card successfully linked to the Aadhaar cards.
You can send an SMS to 51969 for Seeding your Ration card and Aadhaar card. The SMS format is given below.
UID SEED <State Short Code><Scheme Short Code><Scheme ID><Aadhaar No>
The SMS format is same for all the schemes except LPG.
Benefits of Linking ration card and Aadhaar card
The government of India has made it mandatory for the consumers to link the many important services with the Aadhaar. Aadhaar is helpful to clean out the duplicates, fakes and provide the accurate data to enable implementation of direct benefit programme.
The government claims to remove millions of the fake beneficiaries for government benefits by Aadhaar linking. According to a report by mint in May 2017, more than 23 million fake ration cards have been scrapped. This helps the government in saving Rs. 14000 Crore in food subsidy every year.
Another report of Mint in the month of August says that three states discovered that about 2, 72,000 fake students were availing the facility of mid-day meal scheme.
By linking Aadhaar, all information of an individual will be a single place, which makes surveillance easier. By doing so your bank, your insurance company and your mobile company knows something about you.
At present almost 92% of Ration, cardholders have already linked their Ration cards with Aadhaar. In the absence of the links, no ration is available to a ration cardholder. According to the civil supplies officer Mrs. Sarita Narke from the district Nasik that at least one person per family should link their Aadhaar card with the PDS shop and don’t miss the subsidy.