Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2020 (PMJDY), is financial inclusion program of Government of India was launched by the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi on 15 August 2014.
This scheme is running under the Department of financial service.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2020
The reason behind introducing PMJDY:
The scheme was launched because of the failure of previous schemes including Swabhimaan. Swabhimaan which was a campaign of the Government of India which has the main motto to bring banking services to large rural areas.
The slogan of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY):
The Slogan of the Scheme is “Mera Khatha, Bhagya Vidhatha which means “My account brings me a good fortune.”
Interesting Fact about PMJDY:
PMJDY scheme created Guinness Book of the world record by stating most bank accounts in one week as a part of the financial inclusion campaign and the number is about 18,096,130.
Who offers PMJDY?
Any individual can open an account under this scheme with any bank branch or Business Correspondent outlet. While Further accounts opened under PMJDY can be opened with Zero bank balance.
However, if the account-holder want a checkbook, then he/she will have to fulfill minimum balance criteria. The account holders under this scheme will get a RuPay debit card which can be used in any ATMs for cash withdrawal.
Documents required to open an account under PMJDY scheme:
- The passport,
- The driving license,
- The Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card,
- The Voter’s ID issued by Election Commission of India,
- The Aadhar Card
- Any other document as notified by the Central Government in discussion with the Regulator.
Along with the above documents following two may require:
- Identity card with applicant’s Photograph assigned by Central or State Government Departments.
- A letter allocated by a Gazetted officer, with a properly attested photograph of the person.
- In case, if there is a change in anyone’s current address, then he/she must submit valid documents to transfer your account to the new address.
- Two passport size presently clicked photographs are required.
- In case, if any person does not have a valid residential address, he/she need to submit valid identity proof.
Benefits of the PMJDY Scheme:
Insurance Benefits: The account holders under this scheme will get accidental insurance of Rs 1 lakh and a life cover of Rs 30,000 – a payment on the death of the beneficiary.
Loan Benefits: The account holders under this scheme can get an overdraft facility up to Rs 5,000. Which is available one account per household.
Mobile Banking Facility: Account holders under this scheme can easily transfer money through phones and also they get easy access to check the money available in their account.
- Account holders can do not require any mandatory amount in their account.
- Account holder gets easy access to another scheme under this bank account like a pension scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2020 – pmjdy.gov.in
With the help of PMJDY policy user also get the different policies and exceptions if in case of natural disasters.
The eligibility criteria, documents criteria, other policies are also easy to follow the new users.
Eligibility criteria for PMJDY policy:
If any new policyholder or the user wants to join the PMJDY policy then they need to consider the following criteria to join the PMJDY policy. The conditions are,
- Any single person which has the Indian nationality report status they can easily apply to join the PMJDY policy.
- If in case they don’t have any valid documents as evidence for Indian nationality status. They can also join the Jan Dhan Yojana account. For that, they need to provide the bank details of their account if they open an account or other legal details.
- Any person who already has the primary savings account which is active with a bank. Then they can easily transferred or link their savings account to PMJDY policy.
- If those users who can submit any form of identity proof which is compulsory authorized by other banks or other field officers can also join to PMJDY policy account.
How to claim the PMJDY policy?
- Filled and signed claims form of PMJDY policy.
- Attested Xerox of Aadhaar card.
- Attested Xerox of the bank passbook which is active.
- Original death certificate verified by the proper authorities and attested by the nominee.
- Attested Xerox of Biometric card of the nominee.
- Attested copy of Ration card, BPL card which is required to verify the family status and conditions of the user.
After submitting the documents you need to fill the form and verify the details then your application is successfully going for next progress.
This are easy process to claim the policy and provide the reports to them also you will get benefits of it.
How to open the PMJDY policy account?
- If a new user wants to open the account under the PMJDY policy, then they need to visit the nearest branch of the bank in their local area.
- Individuals can even open their bank accounts by enrolling themselves at a camp conducted in their areas.
- For those users who are specified as fewer plans of individuals, then they can open small accounts. These accounts are opened by the signatures and photographs of respected users.
- Provide them the documents such as Aadhar card, pan card, passport, and other legal documents.
Advantage of PMJDY policy:
- The respected bank will pay the easy simple interest rate based on the deposit amount.
- The individual account holder under PMJDY policy able to get the accidental policy of risk coverage of Rs.1.00 to 2.00 lacks.
- There is no requirement to put the minimum balance into the head account of the policy holder’s account. They can open their account of the PMJDY policy with zero balance.
Other information of PMJDY policy:
The PMJDY policy is easy and simple to open the account. All the documents are safe and the policy also provides the different offers to users.
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) making a huge contribution in make in India project.
- PMJDY scheme also taking an important step towards digital India like a cashless transaction.
(Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2020)