Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana 2020: Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) is a centrally sponsored scheme, it was introduced in 2000 by the prime minister of India Late Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
The PMGSY is come under the authority of the Ministry of Rural Development and was started on 25 December 2000.
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana 2020
Reason Behind implementing PMGSY:
- Rural road connection is the major in almost every village so that villagers don’t get the proper all-weather road facility.
- The agricultural facility is also one of the main issues of villagers.
- To overcome poverty reduction as well as employability issue.
Funding and allocation:
Out of the total budget of the PMGSY scheme, 80% is allocated for the road length required for providing connectivity to Unconnected occupancy and that of 20% on the basis of road length requiring Upgradation.
In addition, a special allocation of up to 5% of the annual allocation from the Rural Roads share will be made for:
- Districts sharing borders with Pakistan and China, accordance with the ministry of home affairs.
- Districts sharing borders with Myanmar, Bangladesh, and Nepal.
- Naxalites areas in the Districts come under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Extremely backward Districts which are considered as Special Problem Areas.
- Research & Development Projects and innovations.
Principles of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana:
- To provide good road connectivity to unconnected Habitations.
- To increase the green cover near the roads. This can be done by the planting of tree saplings, including the planting of fruit-bearing tree saplings.
- To connect in hill states, tribal and desert area villages with a population of just 250 persons.
- All roads which provided under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) must have an all-weather road.
- Progress Done under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (as per budget 2019-2020):
- The construction of rural roads very large and also 2.5 crore rural households were electrified.
- Government has provided 10 percent reservation for economically weaker sections, which will create 2 lakh seats in educational institutions alone.
- 143 crore LED bulbs were made available for lower and middle-class families.
- 1.53 crore houses were constructed during 2014-18 under PMGSY.
This is a new thing introduced in PMGSY which mainly contributing tree planting simultaneously with the road construction.
The green cover concept mainly used to global warming.
Sub scheme under PMGSY:
Mukhya Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana run by various state governments are the schemes that compliment PMGSY. States under this scheme Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, etc.
The state government which comes under Mukhya Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana take up the
development of rural roads that are not covered by PMGSY scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana 2020 – Omms.nic.in
Progress of the PMGSY:
The condition or maintains of roads or any footpaths is not up to the mark or focus point of the Indian villages. The roads which is not constructed correctly creates a lot of problems for the peoples who living in these areas.
To get rid of these conditions, the central government has launched Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana 4 years back.
The gram panchayats and other respected offices have already chalked out the estimated cost of this project.
The maintain roads and good constructed roads provides the path for the development and progress criteria in the village area.
- To maintain and give the best connectivity and internal of roads establishment of the villages which occupies nearby 1000 peoples. This project started in the year 2003.
- To maintain and give the best connectivity and internal of roads establishment of the villages which occupies nearby 500 people. These villages are coming under in the specified areas. This project is completed at the ending of 2007.
- To maintain and give the best connectivity and internal of roads establishment of the villages which are situated in hilly, tribal and other backward locations. They contain nearby 500 people so for them the project was set to 2003.
- To maintain and give the best connectivity and internal of roads establishment of the villages those are situated in hilly areas, but they occupy the minimum 250 people in total. This project is started in the year 2007.
- To maintain and give the best connectivity and internal of roads establishment to 60 left extremism affected area. This locations or villages are coming under the Ministry of Home affairs.
Advantages of PMGSY:
There are some advantages of this yojana, with the help of this yojana you will get the different facilities aslo. There are different advantages of this yojana.
The list of advantages of policies are follows:
- They provide the physical progress.
- They provide the physical progress of roads.
- Physical and financial project summary.
- Physical financial monitoring.
- National project summary.
- Completed works of roads.
- Road wise progress of Work.
- State road completion report.
Response of the PMGSY:
The outputs of work from the states and districts are different under the PMGSY scheme.
As defines by the PMGSY scheme, the entire applications and response of the PMGSY scheme in normal way is very positive and fast as the comparison of other policies and schemes for mass people.
But in the case of the implementation speed and work, it is specialized and perfect. Also, it has defined and shows the mixed response for the various locations.
The most famous and perfect response criteria are in the IAP districts and locations. That the average materials and other appliances are showed Rs. 11, 663 Cr. as in the entire fund which is released for these areas is Rs. 17, 646 Cr. that is the nearby 66% average.
Besides, the districts such as Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, and Orissa have provided a maximum of 80% of the cost to the PMGSY scheme.
The other districts such as Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, and Orissa has provided the 22%of cost to the PMGSY scheme.
The main agenda behind introducing Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana scheme is to connect rural areas with the city through all-weather roads.
Connecting people with the cities not only contribute to village development but it indirectly increases the country’s economy.
Still, many more new schemes are in making progress to improve the rural road connectivity. (Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana 2020)