National Literacy Mission Programme 2019: The was launched on 8 September 2009 by prime minister DR.Manmohan Singh. National literacy mission programme also called a national education mission. It is actually a centrally sponsored scheme.
Goals behind launching the national literacy mission programme:
The main goal of this mission is to achieve full literacy, it Specially focused on the age group of 15 – 20 because they are the major creator of the future. Also, the mission is focusing on the literacy of every woman.
National Literacy Mission Programme 2019
- National literacy mission programme was allocated a budget of ₹385.72 billion in 2019 Interim Union Budget of India.
- The sub-main schemes under National literacy mission programme:
- Sakshar Bharat: Learning programmes for non-literate and neo-literate of 15 years and above.
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan: Providing free and compulsory education to children between the ages of 6 to 14.
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha: The main agenda of this scheme is to provide universal education for all children between 15–16 years of age.
- Teacher training programs: It is specially launched for the teacher in order to provide quality and digital education.
National literacy mission power authority:
Adult Education is a Concurrent Subject with both Central and State Governments being required to contribute to its promotion and strengthening.
Planning for children with special needs:
New methods are developed for children with special needs, giving them as much as practical education.
Quality improvement under National literacy mission programme scheme :
In school, there was an increase of the science laboratories, environmental education, as well as centrally sponsored schemes of population education project, international mathematics and science olympiads classes are conducted in almost all the schools during weekends for enhancements in the knowledge. Site: http://www.nlm.nic.in/
Special education for disabled children (SEDC):
comprehensive education has been given to bring an increase in terms of catering to the needs of the mentally and physically harmed children. This scheme continues to be a separate centrally sponsored scheme.
Ministry of human resource development gives funds to the state government which directly gives to the educational institution under their need and development.
Information communication technologies:
Information communication technologies nothing but IT field which provides computer-based knowledge also the digital knowledge Also, tell the management about internet-based education to compete with the world.
National literacy mission programme is slow at the beginning but due to the excellent management and their skill. People attracted to this scheme and get more aware of education. The literacy rate of India is increasing drastically from the time it is applied and now it at 74.04 % and also increasing very well which is making India towards a developed stage. (National Literacy Mission Programme 2019)