National Literacy Mission Programme 2020: The was launched on 8 September 2009 by prime minister DR.Manmohan Singh. National literacy mission programme also called a national education mission. It is actually a centrally sponsored scheme.
Goals behind launching the national literacy mission programme:
The main goal of this mission is to achieve full literacy, it Specially focused on the age group of 15 – 20 because they are the major creator of the future. Also, the mission is focusing on the literacy of every woman.
National Literacy Mission Programme 2020
- National literacy mission programme was allocated a budget of ₹385.72 billion in 2019 Interim Union Budget of India.
- The sub-main schemes under National literacy mission programme:
- Sakshar Bharat: Learning programmes for non-literate and neo-literate of 15 years and above.
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan: Providing free and compulsory education to children between the ages of 6 to 14.
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha: The main agenda of this scheme is to provide universal education for all children between 15–16 years of age.
- Teacher training programs: It is specially launched for the teacher in order to provide quality and digital education.
National literacy mission power authority:
Adult Education is a Concurrent Subject with both Central and State Governments being required to contribute to its promotion and strengthening.
Planning for children with special needs:
New methods are developed for children with special needs, giving them as much as practical education.
Quality improvement under National literacy mission programme scheme :
In school, there was an increase of the science laboratories, environmental education, as well as centrally sponsored schemes of population education project, international mathematics and science olympiads classes are conducted in almost all the schools during weekends for enhancements in the knowledge. Site: http://www.nlm.nic.in/
Special education for disabled children (SEDC):
comprehensive education has been given to bring an increase in terms of catering to the needs of the mentally and physically harmed children. This scheme continues to be a separate centrally sponsored scheme.
Ministry of human resource development gives funds to the state government which directly gives to the educational institution under their need and development.
Information communication technologies:
Information communication technologies nothing but IT field which provides computer-based knowledge also the digital knowledge Also, tell the management about internet-based education to compete with the world.
National Literacy Mission Programme 2020 (Updated!) – www.nlm.nic.in
National Digital Literacy Mission that is NDLM is works with the estimated goals to create a consortium with the number of different stakeholders and they used to work together with the governments and their various schemes.
Vision of NLMP:
The schedules of NLMP used to display in some of the Indian gram panchayats parties that how to improve their knowledge for digitally.
Also, they can change the thing and reports of governance, and social inclusion, empowerment, other employment, and different educational approaches.
Important objectives of NDLM:
The NDLM that is National Digital Literacy Mission can develop the best ecosystem of technological education.
They also develop the digital literacy that can help to empower India and lead India in the digital economy.
This is useful in environments such as the globe and this scheme also helps India to live in the digital world and it provides the shape to the society that is empowered technologically which is useful in different ways.
NDLM’s important objectives:
The important objectives of NDLM as follows,
- The main objective is NDLM makes poor communities more digital with providing the training as well as the capacity of building the best programs.
- NDLM schemes are also used for making them digitally literate.
- To create economics, cultural and social advantages in poor locations in India with content and information gateway.
- Used to enable the deployment of peoples in poor location using digital technologies.
- To develop the digital data warehouse on all poor locations to make them to be economically strong.
Components of NDLM:
The National Digital Literacy Mission that is NDLM used to provide support in incorporate fields. There are some individual components also provided by the NDLM. Those are,
- The scheme of NDLM centers have to act in the form of full-fledged informational centers.
- The scheme of NDLM need to provide the help towards the supplementary education.
- NDLM’s aim schemes to bring social and economic impact to poor villages and areas.
- By using the Digital technology and its skills program, the scheme of NDLM provides help too young to think practically and technically.
- This NDLM scheme provides help towards women empowerment.
- This NDLM project must provide important things for data safety and digital techniques and technical criteria.
Advantages of NDLM:
- The NDLM scheme offers primary training to individuals based on how to use mobile phones, tablets, and computers and provide them the advantages of it.
- With the help of the NDLM scheme, the individuals also get the training on how to use computer programs and its applications such as Excel, Paint and MS Word.
- The other primary things like using the internet to make bill payments, and book trains and other tickets as well as bus tickets. It provides the use of the internet to make communication using social platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Skype, Instagram.
- This NDLM training is free of cost for the students. After completion and submission of the exam, the participants and students get a certificate from the Government recognized agencies such as NIOS and NIELT.
Infrastructure of NDLM:
You need to provide the following infrastructure to register the NDLM. The infrastructure must be in good conditions and environment full so it look good and air free. Those are,
- At least 3 to 5 computers with webcams.
- Internet connection with perfect range.
- The best power backup.
- The biometric fingerprint scanner or an iris scanner.
National literacy mission programme is slow at the beginning but due to the excellent management and their skill. People attracted to this scheme and get more aware of education. The literacy rate of India is increasing drastically from the time it is applied and now it at 74.04 % and also increasing very well which is making India towards a developed stage. (National Literacy Mission Programme 2020)