How To Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card: It is essential to provide your Email ID and mobile number when you apply for an Aadhaar. In 2017, it was announced by the government, that people have to link their mobile number with Aadhaar.
If you fail to do it the authorities are unable to deliver your Aadhaar. Apart from this, you can enjoy several benefits of linking your mobile with your Aadhaar.
You can e-verify your ITR using you Aadhaar number in which OTP is sent to your linked mobile number. You can simply update your personal details online via linking your Aadhaar by entering OTP sent to your mobile.
There are two cases when you need to update the mobile number first if you never linked your mobile number and secondly, you want to change the mobile number to update your Aadhaar data.
How To Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card
In the absence of mobile and Aadhaar link, you need to use the offline method to link Aadhaar and mobile number. Steps of offline filing of the application form are mentioned below.
1. Visit the http://uidai/gov.in
2. Select the option “Enrollment & Update” tab and click the “Aadhaar Data Update”.
3. You will reach a new page on which you need to click the “Aadhaar Data Update Form” under the Reference Links column.
4. Now download the Aadhaar Correction form and take a printout of it.
5. Type your 12-digit Aadhaar number, name, father’s name, city, district, PO and Area Pin Code.
6. Enter the valid mobile number.
7. Take a photocopy of the document which is for the POA.
8. Mention that document in your form.
9. Recheck all the documents.
10.After doing all you need to sign the application form.
11.You must ensure that the documents attached are free from errors.
12.Send this application via post.
You can post the form to the following addresses.
Box No.10, Chhindwar, Madhya Pradesh-480001.
UIDAI Post Box No.99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500034.
After the successful submission of the application, you need to wait for few days. The authorities receive the application, validate the details and link your Aadhaar and mobile number. This procedure takes completion time of 10 days. A notification will be sent via a confirmation message from UIDAI, as the Aadhaar-mobile registration is complete.
How To Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card
If you already registered mobile number with your Aadhaar and you want to change it. You can submit your request online to do this. As the OTP authenticate the updating would be sent to the existing number you wish to change. You need to follow the simple steps mentioned below.
1. Visit the official website of UIDAI.
2. Click the Aadhaar Update tab.
3. You will be redirected to the Aadhaar Self-Service portal.
4. Here you need to enter your Aadhaar number and Captcha code to get OTP.
5. You will get OTP on your already registered mobile number.
6. Submit that OTP you will be redirected to the new page.
7. Here you can update the required details.
8. Select “Mobile Number” under the option “Select field(s) to update.
9. Type your new mobile number and proceed to submit.
If you are stuck at any step you can get the help from helpline by UIDAI. Call 1947 which is a toll-free number to resolve your queries. You can also ask your queries at email@example.com as per the UIDAI website.
There are more than 100 permanent Aadhaar Centers in Delhi. If you have not registered your mobile number with your Aadhaar, you can do it now. UIDAI also issued Interactive Voice Response service to help you link your mobile.
You can visit your operator to link the Aadhaar and mobile. Revivification of the mobile numbers can also be done by simply calling on toll-free number 14546. As you call this number, an OTP will be generated and you will use to re-verify your registered number.
If you are on corporate plans, you don’t need to go through the re-verification process. The users of Vodafone and Airtel can enjoy the luxury and they can link the mobile number with Aadhaar in which state they belong. In case of Idea user, he/she should belong to the same circle as your mobile number.
As you already know the linking of the Aadhaar number with your Sim card is necessary. To link your Aadhaar with your phone you can visit your service provider’s outlet. You need to follow the simple steps
1. Visit the Outlet/store of your telecom service provider.
2. You must bring a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar.
3. Give your mobile number.
4. The executive of the store will send an OTP to the mobile number which has to be linked.
5. Provide the OTP to the executive for verification.
6. You need to provide your fingerprints to the executive.
7. You will receive a confirmation SMS from your telecom operator.
8. Reply ‘Y’ to finish the e-KYC process.
Re-verify your mobile number using IVR?
1. You can re-verify your mobile number with Aadhaar on IVR.
2. Being a citizen of India you must have a registered mobile with Aadhaar.
3. Mobile number you need to re-verify.
4. Aadhaar number used for this process.
5. A registered mobile number to receive an OTP.
6. You can declare any other mobile number on your name.
Keep your documents ready for Linking Aadhaar and Mobile number?
You only require Aadhaar card with a mobile connection, which is a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar. You don’t require to provide any document, address proof etc. for this purpose.
What is the need for updating mobile number in Aadhaar?
Vide order vide no.607/2016 dt.06th February 2017 the Supreme court has made id necessary that the Department of Telecom (DoT) has issued instructions to all mobile service providers to update the Aadhaar number of customers via the biometric process. This is applicable to all the users whether they are using prepaid or postpaid mobiles.
Benefits of Linking Aadhaar to Mobile number?
1. To avoid the crimes reported earlier with fake mobile numbers so getting a new mobile through the Aadhaar is an ID proof.
2. All the information can be tracked down via Aadhaar based e-KYC.
3. The existing customers are getting their connections re-verified when they link to Aadhaar.
4. Biometric recorded is helpful and used easily in case you want to trace an illegal activity.
5. If you need an additional number, again you have to use the same e-KYC process it means you have to submit another set of documents to get the new connection. Generally, people avoid going through this typical process so they don’t go for the second Sim option.
Read More – Aadhar Card Status Enquiry
Last date of linking the Aadhaar with Mobile number?
The new connections will be issued, after the submission of Aadhaar number. The last date of complete this process is 6th February 2018. Later this deadline is extended up to 31st March 2018. If you are unable to link the mobile with Aadhaar beyond this date your connection will be deactivated until the re-verification is done again. How To Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card.