How to Open an Aadhar Card – The launching of the Aadhar card official website is truly a dream come true as Indian residents can now gain access to services 24/7, 365 days a year. The services are free and accessible to any resident in India irrespective of age, religion or nationality.
An Aadhar is a unique government issued 12-digit number given to Indian residents. The number may be issued to both Indian citizens and foreigners who have resided in India for a period of not less than 182 days The cards main purpose is to enable easier regulation and distribution of public welfare services.
How to Open an Aadhar Card
Below is a list of services one can access via the website.
1. Aadhar number verification – an increment in the number of forged Aadhar digits, has led to the verification of Aadhar authenticity being of paramount importance. The steps to follow are.
• Visit the Aadhar verification option
• ‘Input the Aadhar number and security code’.
• click the ‘verify ‘button and await the results.
2. Locking or unlocking biometrics – This security feature helps prevent the misuse of your biometrics by disabling your iris and fingerprints from being used. The website only requires one to.
• Click the Lock /unlock biometrics option.
• Input your Aadhar number to login to the UIDAI portal.
• Enter your Aadhar and security code and click on Get OTP. An OTP is automatically sent to your mobile number.
• Enter the OTP and click on login
• Next, enter your security code for authentication
• Finally, click on the lock button to secure your biometrics
Locking your biometrics for the first time but may take up approximately 6 hours before the lock is fully functional.
3. Aadhar bank account linking status – This feature notifies you of any bank account linked with your Aadhar number simply.
• Click on the check Aadhar &bank account linking status option
• Enter your Aadhar number followed by your security code
• Click on send OTP, enter the sent OTP
• Click on the submit button the bank account linked to your status will be displayed
• In cases where no bank account is linked a message is displayed stating that fact.
4. Virtual ID generation – A virtual ID is a 16 digit temporary code number that can be issued in place of the radar. The virtual digit can now be easily generated from the website one has to simply.
• Click on the virtual id generator option
• Enter the Aadhar number and security code.
• click on the send OTP option input the sent OTP
• Finally, select on either generate or retrieve the vid and click the submit button.
Read More – Aadhar Card Status Enquiry
5. Email/Mobile number verification – This helps you to confirm whether the correct mobile number and email address is on your Aadhar.
• Select verify Email/Mobile number option.
• Input your Aadhar number
• Next, enter either your mobile or email address
• Enter your security code and click on Get OTP
• In the provided space enter the OTP and click on verify.
• You will then be notified if the mobile number is linked with your Aadhar or not.
• If the number is registered, its last three digits will be displayed.
How to Open an Aadhar Card