How To Make Correction in Aadhaar Card: Aadhaar is your Unique Identification number and mandatory document issued by UIDAI. You must ensure that you have updated the correct details into it. If you find any mistake in your Aadhaar card you must correct it timely.
In case there is any spelling, mistake or any other details it can put you in the problem. Linking Aadhaar and PAN is mandatory for various services. It requires that all your demographic details match on both.
In case you find any mismatch in your name, date of birth on the documents, you cannot link Aadhaar and PAN. According to UIDAI if you don’t use your Aadhaar for any transaction like linking to your bank account, PAN Card for three continuous years, it will become inactive.
There are three ways to process the Aadhaar Card Correction.
- There are three ways to process the Aadhaar Card Correction.
- 1. Aadhaar Card correction online
- 1) Correction in name
- 2) Correction in Address
- 3) Correction in Date of Birth
- 4. Change in gender, email id, and mobile number
- 2. Aadhaar Correction Offline
- 3. Aadhaar correction sending by post.
- Documents required as proof of ID to make changes in Aadhaar card.
- How to change Aadhaar card after marriage?
- Aadhaar card correction fee
- How much time takes the correction procedure.
1. Correction online.
2. Correction via offline.
3. Correction Sending by post.
1. Aadhaar Card correction online
You can correct the details by visiting the official website uidai.gov.in. You can make the changes in name, address, date of birth, gender, email id, and mobile number. You can change the details via visiting Aadhaar self- service update portal.
1) Correction in name
To do the correction in name via online you must have registered mobile number. Once you logged in an application form will be opened asking to enter the new name in the space provided by the application form.
1. Enter the new name without using Mr or Mrs. Before your name.
2. Upload the documents, which are requiring to proof of identity.
3. Once you submit the application, you will receive a URN number to track the status of the application.
2) Correction in Address
The Aadhaar card will deliver to your new updated address. You must ensure that you have put your correct address. You do not need to put your old address on the application form.
1. Enter the new address.
2. Upload the documents.
3. Submit the application.
4. Download the acknowledgment number and track URN number.
3) Correction in Date of Birth
To make a correction in the date of birth you need to follow the simple steps mentioned below.
1) Enter your date of birth DDMMYYYY
2) Do not enter the old date of birth on the application form.
3) Enter new DOB and submit the application form.
4)You need to upload the DOB documents.
4. Change in gender, email id, and mobile number
Same as above you need to login to Aadhaar self-service update portal.
Under the profiles details, you can access the details to change the gender, email id, and mobile number.
It a simple process you need to follow the screen instructions.
2. Aadhaar Correction Offline
Find the nearest Aadhaar card service center near your area. There you can submit the correction application form.
Follow the steps mentioned below
Find the Aadhaar card enrollment service center. Use UIDAI official website to check the service center for Aadhaar online.
1. Visit the link https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx
2. Search the portal using three options
3. Using the name of the state
4. Using Area Pin Code
5. Using Village/ City Name.
6. Once you submit then search portal will automatically display the service centers near your location.
7. Download the application form for correction.
8. Attach the necessary documents.
9. Visit the Aadhaar service center.
10.Submit the form and you will get the acknowledgment number.
3. Aadhaar correction sending by post.
You can send the change via post; in this case, your Aadhaar must be linked to the mobile number. You need to follow the simple steps mentioned below.
1. Download the application form.
2. Fill it with the correct information
3. On the top of the form, you need to mention which corrections you want to make
Documents required as proof of ID to make changes in Aadhaar card.
1. Document required for correction in name
2. Bank Statement/Passbook
3. Ration Card
4. Driving license.
5. Photo ID by a recognized institution.
6. Birth Certificate.
7. Driving license.
10. Pensioner Photocard
11. Government photo ID card or PSU issued as photo identity, which contains Date of birth.
12. Photo Credit Card.
13. Kissan Photo Passbook.
14. Freedom Fighter Photo Card.
15. Disability ID card or handicapped medical certificate issued by State or Union Territory Government/Administrators.
How to change Aadhaar card after marriage?
The woman needs to change their name or surname after marriage. With if they need to change in name and surname in many ID cards. After marriage women need to change the surname and address on the Aadhaar card. In the case of men, they might be shifting to the new homes, switching jobs etc.
Aadhaar card correction fee
Updating of Aadhaar online and by post is free of cost. If you are visiting an enrollment center for the correction, you need to pay Rs.25 for every time you need to get the details.
How much time takes the correction procedure.
As per the UIDAI website, the updating process will take a time of 90 days. Once your update request will be verified by UIDAI. After you request is approved, you can download your e-Aadhaar by clicking “Download Aadhaar” on uidai.gov.in.
The Aadhaar letter with updates will send to the given address in case of up-dation in name, address, date of birth and gender. If you applied for the up-dation in mobile number, email Id you will receive notification of the mobile number or email Id.
Points to keep in mind while submitting the Aadhaar Correction form?
1. The form must fill in capital letters only.
2. The form must be filled regardless of the fields for correction.
3. You must provide a valid mobile number to get the updates or correction to take place.
4. The application form must be sent via post.
5. Fill the form in English as well as the local language which was used in the Aadhaar letter at the time of enrolment.
6. The details of the form must be current don’t use the old or invalid information.
7. Don’t use salutations like Mr/Mrs/Dr etc.
8. The complete address must be entered since the update Aadhaar letter must be sent to that particular address.
9. All the supporting documents must be self-attested and clear.
10. Only provide those documents which support the update and correction to be provided.
11. Any incorrect information entered in the form can cause rejection of the application.
Read More – Aadhar Card Status Enquiry
In order to avoid the mistakes, you need to check the entry of the data before submitting the information. In case the information contains errors, the applicant is given a chance to correct the mistakes in the data before sent for finalization.
Since Aadhaar card is a necessary document if you find any mistakes in it. You need to fix them timely. How To Make Correction in Aadhaar Card.