How To Download Aadhaar Card: Aadhaar is twelve digit unique identity number which was launched in 2009. This card is issued with an objective to provide universal identity to the Indian resident. The government of India has made it an important document for everyone to link with various schemes and instruments.
Although in the initial stages of enrollment people faced many difficulties like technical snags, incorrect data etc. But these issues were resolved later and people get the card easily and accepted as a mandatory document for various initiatives officially made.
Finally, to help the people, UIDAI has launched its E-Aadhaar portal allows the applicants to download their Aadhaar online with simple steps. If you have already enrolled for Aadhaar and waiting for Aadhaar Letter you can visit for the e-Aadhaar portal to download the letter online from the anywhere with the use of the Internet.
How To Download Aadhaar Card
- How To Download Aadhaar Card
- How to Check Your Enrolment ID Number?
- How To Download Aadhaar Card using Name and Date of Birth?
- How To Download Aadhaar Card – Step by Step Guide
- How To Download Aadhaar Card using Aadhaar Number?
- How To Download Aadhaar Card using Aadhaar number?
- How To Download Aadhaar Card using Enrolment ID?
- Points to remember while downloading an Aadhaar
1. You can download Aadhaar free of cost just following the simple steps mentioned below.
2. Visit the official website of UIDAI and click the “Download Aadhaar”. You will reach the page http://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/.
3. Mention your Aadhaar number or enrolment id and click on Aadhaar next to ‘I have’.
4. Fill the required details like Name, Pin Code and registered mobile number.
5. Fill the Captcha Code.
6. Click the “Get One Time Password”. You will get an OTP to your registered mobile number.
7. Enter the OTP in the box and click the “Validate & Download”.
After doing this Aadhaar card will be shown on the screen. The card will be in PDF format and password protected as well. The password is the pin code of your area which is mentioned in your Aadhaar. Keep in mind your computer must contain the Adobe Reader installed in it. Otherwise, you might not able to open the file.
How to Check Your Enrolment ID Number?
1. To download your Aadhaar you require the Enrolment ID (EID).
2. Visit the official website http://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
3. One the left panel you need to select “Enrolment ID” below it “You want to retrieve your lost” statement.
4. Fill the details required like Full Name, Email, Mobile number etc.
5. Fill the Captcha Code.
6. Click the option ‘Send One Time Password’.
7. You will get the OTP will be sent to your mobile number.
8. Fill that OTP in the box and click on ‘Verify OTP’.
9. You will receive your UID on your mobile.
10.Now you can use it to download your e-Aadhaar.
Generally, it takes 3-5 weeks to reach an Aadhaar and when it will be issued you will receive the message or email on your registered mobile number. The card will be sent to your address once it will be generated within 30-90 days.
How To Download Aadhaar Card using Name and Date of Birth?
Once you Aadhaar is approved you need not wait to receive physical Aadhaar at your address. You can download it via online; it is one of the best ways to get your Aadhaar.
In case you forget your Enrollment ID or lost the acknowledgment number you can download Aadhaar by name. Earlier there was no option to download the Aadhaar via name and date of birth.
How To Download Aadhaar Card – Step by Step Guide
1. Visit the official website of UIDAI.
2. Enter your full name, address and registered mobile number in the necessary fields.
3. After entering these details you need to click the option “get OTP”.
4. The verification of your details is done by UIDAI database you will get the OTP in few seconds.
5. Enter the OTP received and submit it.
6. You will receive an email and SMS with the enrolment ID.
7. Using Enrolment number you can go to the E-Adhaar page on the official UIDAI website.
8. Click on “I Have” option and click the enrolment ID option.
9. Enter your name, Enrolment number and area Pin Code.
10. You need to enter a Captcha code in the textbox.
11. Enter your mobile number to the textbox and click on Get One Time Password.
12. You will receive an OTP enter this OTP.
13. After finishing all the steps mentioned above you need to click “done” button and click the “Validate and download” option.
Great! You have successfully downloaded your Aadhaar using name and date of birth.
How To Download Aadhaar Card using Aadhaar Number?
Aadhaar card can be easily downloaded and printed by accessing the official website of UIDAI. As compared to Voter ID or PAN the process of Aadhaar is much simpler. Moreover, the copy of Aadhaar is considered as a valid Aadhaar letter.
As you apply for an Aadhaar you will get an acknowledgment slip with reference details. This slip contains the basic details with your enrolment number and time stamp. You can use EID or UID to retrieve your E-Aadhaar.
How To Download Aadhaar Card using Aadhaar number?
1. Visit the website www.uidai.gov.in
2. Go to the section “Aadhaar enrolment” under ‘Aadhaar online services’.
3. Click on ‘Download Aadhaar’.
4. You will be redirected towards the https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
5. Select the option EID or UID which you have.
6. Enter the EID or UID.
7. Enter your personal details name, Pin Code, mobile number and Captcha code.
8. Click the option ‘Get One Time Password’
9. You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
10 Enter that OTP and validate your request and click download.
11. Your Aadhaar will be downloaded in PDF format.
12. You need Adobe reader to open that file.
13. This file is password protected enter your area Pin Code to open this file.
You can print the copy of Aadhaar and use wherever you need it. The copy of Aadhaar is considered as valid proof so you don’t need to worry about in case you lost your Aadhaar.
How To Download Aadhaar Card using Enrolment ID?
As you apply for an Aadhaar you will receive an acknowledgment slip that contains the vital details which help you in obtaining Aadhaar. Enrollment Number (EID) and time stamp are the important things in this slip. You need to follow the simple steps mentioned below.
1. Visit the website www.uidai.gov.in
2. Go to the Aadhaar Online Services.
3. You will be redirected towards the e-Aadhaar webpage.
4. Use your acknowledgment slip to enter your 14 digit EID and time stamp.
5. Type your name, Pin Code, mobile number and image Captcha to generate OTP.
6. You will receive OTP on your registered mobile number.
7. Enter that OTP to validate your request.
8. Your Aadhaar will be automatically on your device.
9. Your area Pin Code wills the password to open this PDF file.
10. You can take the printout of it.
You can use the copy of Aadhaar can be used as an original document.
In the absence of acknowledgment slip or enrollment details, you can refer to UIDAI website to retrieve lost EID. Follow the below-mentioned steps.
1. Visit the www.uida.gov.in
2. Under the Aadhaar Online Services, you need to select the Retrieve Lost UID/EID.
3. Select the option to receive your lost EID.
4. Enter your name, email, mobile number, and security Captcha to get an OTP.
5. You will get OTP on your mobile number.
6. Use that OTP to validate your request.
7. After the OTP verification, you will receive your enrolment details.
Points to remember while downloading an Aadhaar
1. In the absence of a registered mobile number, you cannot download the Aadhaar card online.
2. You always receive an OTP to your registered mobile number for authentication before the Aadhaar card is downloaded in PDF format.
3. Aadhaar cannot be downloaded without OTP.
4. An Aadhaar card can be downloaded as many times as you want.
5. E-Aadhaar card can be used as an original Aadhaar card everywhere.
6. The procedure of downloading the Aadhaar card online is simple and easy you can print Aadhaar online by giving the password.
Topics – How To Download Aadhaar Card