How to Change Phone Number in Aadhar Card – From updating the name or any other details from the database of UIDAI, the primary thing which is required is the phone number. So it is the foremost duty of every citizen of India to keep their phone number updated. Every work whether it is related to a bank or any other institution, one thing which has become mandatory that is the mobile number link with the aadhar card. With a simple OTP, the identification of an individual will be verified and hence the individual will be able to use these services. The two obvious ways of changing the mobile number are via online and offline.
How to Change Phone Number in Aadhar Card
The UIDAI website enables us to update the details of our aadhar card just by Log-in to the profile, upload all the required documents and finally by choosing the BPO service provider. Following are the steps to be followed while changing the mobile number:
- Visit the official website of the UIDAI.
- After opening the website, click on the “update aadhar details”.
- Then enter the 12-digit aadhar number and within a few minutes, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the given space and click on the “Login” button to further proceed.
- After the arrival of the new page, a list of selected details which needs to be updated will be displayed on the screen. From the given list, select the mobile number option and click on the “submit” option.
- Enter the current mobile number and click on “submit update request” button.
- Thoroughly check the information which is provided and click on the “confirm” button and if further changes are to be made then click on the “update” button or else press the “proceed’ button.
- After that, upload all the scanned documents which are required to fulfill the request of updating the mobile number. One important thing to keep in mind is that the documents need to be self-attested.
- The form and the documents which are submitted will be scanned by the chosen BPO service provider and forward the request to the UIADI department.
- An acknowledgment slip will be displayed on the screen which will contain an Update Request Number (URN) that will help to track the status of the application. A confirmation of the update request will be sent to the registered mobile number.
How to Update Phone Number via Offline
Visit the nearest aadhar enrolment centre, fill an aadhar update form which will be given by the employees. Provide the correct information and also the current mobile number. Self-attested documents are also important and need to be in hand. After the demographic data, the ones who are updating their data need to provide the biometric data too. By submitting all the information, the employee will proceed your update request. After that, an acknowledgment slip will be provided to the individual with URN number present on it. A fee of ₹ 25 will be charged by the officials in respect of your update request.
Related Tags: How to Change Phone Number in Aadhar Card