Since the last six decades, the Central Government Health Scheme is providing impeccable and comprehensive medical care to all the Central Government employees and the pensioners enrolled under this particular scheme.
In fact, the Central Government Health Scheme caters to the healthcare and welfare needs of all the eligible beneficiaries covering all four pillars of democratic set up in India namely the Legislature, the Judiciary, the Executive and the Press.
Central Government Health Scheme 2019 – Cghs.Gov.In
Central Government Health Scheme is the new-age model Health care facility provider to Central Government employees and the Pensioners and Central Government Health Scheme is a unique scheme of its kind due to its large volume of the beneficiary base, and entirely open-ended generous and worthy approach of providing health care.
Central Government Health Scheme provides health care for all the following systems of Medicine:
- Allopathic Medicine
- Homoeopathic Medicine
- Indian system of medicine
- Ayurvedic Medicines
- Unani Yoga
- Siddha Yoga
Eligibility for joining the Central Government Health Scheme:
All Central Government employees getting their salary from the Central Civil Estimates and all their dependent family members residing in the Central Government Health Scheme covered areas.
Central Government Pensioners/family pensioners who are receiving their pension from central civil estimates and all their eligible dependent family members.
- Sitting members and Ex-members of the Indian Parliament.
- Ex-Governors & Lieutenant Governors.
- Freedom Fighters
- Ex-Vice Presidents
- Sitting Judges and Retired Judges of the Supreme Court.
- Retired Judges of High Courts.
- Any journalists accredited with PIB (in Delhi).
- Employees and all pensioners of certain autonomous/statutory bodies to which there have been extended Central Government
- Health Scheme facilities in Delhi.
- Delhi Police Personnel only in Delhi area.
- Railway Board employees
- Postal Department and Telegraph Department employees.
- Facilities available under Central Government Health Scheme:
- OPD Treatment including the issuing of medicines.
- Specialist Consultation at Polyclinic or Government Hospitals.
- Indoor Treatment at Government Hospitals.
- Investigations at Government Diagnostic centers.
- Cashless facility is available for treatment in Government hospitals and diagnostic centers for all Pensioners and other identified beneficiaries.
- Reimbursement of the expenses for treatment availed in Government or Private Hospitals under emergency.
- Reimbursements of expenses incurred for the purchase of hearing aids, artificial limbs, appliances, and any other equipment as specified.
- Family Welfare, Maternity Health Services, and Child Health Services.
- Medical consultation and the dispensing of medicines in Ayurveda sector, Homeopathy sector, Unani and Siddha system of medicines which come under AYUSH
Central Government Health Scheme presently provides Comprehensive Health Care too much more than 30 Lakh Beneficiaries in following Indian Cities
That being said, this is a glimpse of the reach of Central Government Health Scheme and it is still growing all across India.