Bachat Lamp Scheme 2020: The intention of the Bachat Lamp Yojana or Scheme is to provide Energy Efficient Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) at the very affordable and same cost of Rs.15 – similar to Incandescent Bulbs.
Through carbon credits earned from this, they can be traded in the International market under Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) of the Kyoto Protocol and this cost differential would be made up.4
Bachat Lamp Scheme 2020
The Bachat Lamp Yojana is developed by BEE with the objective to promote energy efficient lighting across India. As of now, there are not many mandatory requirements requiring the use of energy effective CFL at the basic household level. All the key players under the scheme such as BEE and participating implementer(s), DISCOMs and households are thereby voluntarily taking part under this scheme.
The thing is BEE coordinates with the Small-Scale Programme of Activities. This initiative supports the respective project implementers in implementing the CDM Programme Activities in India. These ultimately are used in harnessing the collaboration with Electricity Distribution Companies.
Bachat Lamp Yojana after implementation results in reducing Green House Gas emissions from power plants connected to the grids. The BLY CDM Programme of Activities is also registered with the UNFCCC as of 29th April 2010.
As of date, 50 small-scale BLY projects India have been included in this registered umbrella framework from various parts of India and 44 projects have been implemented. Thus about 29 million CFLs have been so far distributed during the XI plan period.
Here long-life CFLs would be distributed by SSC-CPA implementer(s) to grid-connected residential households in exchange for incandescent lamps (ICL) and INR 15. This scheme works on a purely voluntary basis and as such is not mandatory.
Hence, all the key players under the scheme like the BEE and participating CPA implementer(s), SEB / DISCOMs and households take part in this scheme voluntarily. The CPA implementer(s) would cover the project cost through the sale of greenhouse gases (GHG) emission reductions achieved in their respective CPA areas.
The CFL distribution under an SSC-CPA is restricted to the project boundary which is the identified SEBs/DISCOM’s CPA project distribution area e.g. DISCOM Circle, Division. The unique DISCOM provided consumer numbers help in the identification of households under the defined project area.
The CFLs are supposed to be installed in high hourly usage areas in a household, such as outsides, living room area, common areas, and kitchen. In cooperation with the SEB/DISCOM, the CPA Implementer will do this by virtue of an awareness campaign – which targets the idea of educating households that only in case the CFLs are placed in high usage areas, maximum energy savings and subsequent cost savings can be achieved.
To sum up, the Bachat Lamp Yojana ultimately is a scheme developed by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) to promote the idea of using energy efficient lighting for households in India.
BEE is coordinating the Programme of Activities (PoA) ‘Bachat Lamp Yojana’ as a separate PoA Managing entity and thus, through collaboration with Electricity Distribution Companies (SEB /DISCOMs), it will support the CPA implementer in developing the CDM Programme Activities (CPAs) in India 3.
Bachat Lamp Scheme [BLY] 2020 Compact Fluorescent Lamps [CFL]
Objectives of the Bachat Lamp Scheme:
- The estimation of the Bachat Lamp Scheme projects is 400 it is as per annual project estimates.
- The power-saving in the Bachat Lamp Scheme is about 5-7 MW.
- In Bachat Lamp Yojana 22000 tCO2e GHG reduction.
- In India, 400 million of the light points.
Bachat Lamp Yojana is an activities program
- It is one of the biggest programs of activities. It is implemented in India. Bachat Lamp Yojana was the huge program of activities which is registered with an executive board of CDM.
- In May 2010, it was registered. The BLY scheme was developed by the BEE means Bureau of energy efficiency.
- BEE the protection of the power of ministry. In February 2009, It was launched. The BLY scheme registered under the CDM means the development mechanism of clean of Kyoto protocol in May 2010.
- Promotes the replacement of inefficient bulbs with CFLs.
Use of BEE in BLY:
- Technical Development of BLY PoA Scheme Framework Documents (BEE‐CFD).
- Manage the PoA CDM registration process by Validation Validation as well as registration of CPA and PoA.
- Inclusion of new projects.
- monitoring and monitoring of lighting utilization hours appliance in the PSMG of households using an approved methodology of the small scale of the UNFCCC and analysis of the data monitored
- Technical support the CFL investor or DISCOMs e.g. it is conducting the baseline survey etc.
- UNFCCC for Liaison.
- Project developers for the CER Allocation.
- Information campaign and Extensive awareness in the association is with the DISCOMs.
- The first step is the survey of the institute to assess the penetration of households in CFLs.
- Then Initiate one and two pilots in residential areas densely populated and the penetration of CFLs is minimum.
- Select supplier of CFL by a process of bidding from the list maintained by Bureau of energy efficiency means BEE is the percentage share of CERs given to DISCOM to be the bidding selection parameter.
- Sign TPA with BEE and CFL supplier.
- Preparation of project documentation.
- Installation of meters and distribution of CFLs.
Benefits of the Bachat Lamp Scheme:
Less load shedding reduced load peak demand and power cut.
The requirement of Capital cost.
The rating of installation is reduced.
Peak demand is lower and the overall plant is reduced.
Load shedding is less.
Bill of the electricity is less.
The investment from CERs generated from high returns.
We conclude that The Bachat Lamp Yojana is a scheme developed by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency means BEE, Government of India, to promote energy-efficient lighting in the country.
It is the biggest programs of activities. It is implemented in India. Bachat Lamp Yojana was the huge program of activities
On 29th April 2010, The BLY scheme is a small scale CDM program of activities by registered. In this scheme, long-life qualities CFL are distributed by investors.
Related Tags: Bachat Lamp Scheme 2020