Aadhar Card Verification – An Aadhaar card is 12-digit unique identification number issued to every Indian citizen. It is a biometric document consisting of personal details of a particular individual stored in a government database.
The reason behind for producing this card is to have a single document which can work as both an identity card and address book. This will solve the problem of illegal immigrants who come to the country and benefit from the government like any other citizen.
You should keep in mind that the Aadhar card cannot and should not be treated as a proof for Indian citizenship.
Aadhar Card Verification – Complete Guide
Aadhaar card has become an important document for every Indian citizen and it is very important to verify your Aadhar car due to the number of reasons as discussed below;
- It is mandatory that every Aadhar card holder do a verification process due to the fact that the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) detected the availability of fake Aadhaar Cards in the database.
- During the verification process, you will be able to verify your details if they are correct and ensure if you’re holding a genuine Aadhaar card.
- The verification process will help you to determine if your card is being misused by other people; this will help you to report the authorities that deal with identity theft.
- The process will help you prove the existence of your Aadhaar card in the system and if it doesn’t, you will have to make a follow-up.
- Filing income tax through the online platform needs to link your Aadhaar card with the e-filing website before uploading the income tax. Without the Aadhaar card, you cannot complete the filing process.
- Aadhaar card will help you in applying and getting your passport within a short period of time with no need to stand in long waiting lines.
- Aadhaar card is becoming an essential document while applying and buying goods and services from different firms and financial institutions. For example, many states have made it mandatory to produce the Aadhaar card before you purchase a new car. It is also essential in acquiring a driving license.
- The government is planning to make it mandatory to produce an Aadhaar card when an individual wants to buy a new sim card.
- The government is in the process of linking employees’ Aadhaar cards to office activities such as employee attendance.
- Government subsidies are easily accessible using the Aadhar card.
Aadhar Card Verification – Step by Step Guide
Aadhaar card can be verified online by following these simple steps to conduct the verification process as shown below.
- You must have your Unique Identification Number which is printed on your Aadhaar card.
- Open the official UIDAI website.
- Scrow to the bottom of the page and choose “Aadhaar Services” option.
- Then select “Aadhaar Verification” option, this will direct you to the Resident Status Portal or Kiosk page.
- Select “Verify Aadhaar” option.
- Enter your 12 digit Unique Identification Number and then enter the security code.
- Click the Submit button.
The page will come back with details of your Aadhaar Card if it exists and it will tell you whether it has been issued or not. (Aadhar Card Verification)