Aadhar Card Phone Number Update – Aadhar is a 12 digit unique identification number which is given to the citizens of India based on their information with attested documents and biometric data. Nowadays, the process of updating or correcting the data can be performed in both online and offline.
Aadhar Card Phone Number Update
Following are the steps which can be used to update mobile number via online:
- Open the website of aadhar’s SELF SERVICE UPDATE PORTAL (SSUP)
- Before clicking on the “proceed” button read the instructions thoroughly.
- Enter the 12-digit aadhar number which is present on the aadhar
- After that, enter the text verifying code in the given space and click on send OTP or enter TOTP
- The OTP will be sent to your given mobile number which is registered in UIDAI’s database.
- Enter the OTP to log in to your account.
- The alternative feature of TOTP can also be used to proceed.
- Now, there will be different options like address, name, mobile number etc. tick the mobile number option and click on the submit
- Enter the new mobile number and click on the submit request option.
- Once, check the mobile number that has been entered whether the given information is accurate or not. If the given information is correct, click on the submit update request button.
- Choose the type of document as proof of address for verification.
- From your database select a scanned copy of the document and click on the submit
- A confirmation dialogue will appear on the screen and after reading it, choose the BPO service provider which will verify the documents and then click on submit.
- The BPO service provider will verify the information given in the form with POA and hence transfer the details to UIDAI.
- The request of updating the mobile number will be accepted and update request number will appear on your screen which can be used to track the status of the work.
How to Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card Offline
There are many incidents where peoples do not use the mobile numbers which are provided in the Aadhar card. Following are the steps of updating the mobile number in Aadhar card:
- Visit the nearest Aadhar update center.
- Fill up the Aadhar update form which will be given by the officials.
- Clear the doubts while filling up the form and provide only the correct information.
- Fill up the current mobile number and the previous number will be of no use.
- No extra documents will be required to fulfill the update request.
- Then the officials will enter your request of updating the mobile number.
- An acknowledgment slip which will contain your URN number.
- A fee of ₹ 25 is to be charged by the officials for your update request.
Once your update request is fulfilled, you will get a reminder via SMS and after showing your acknowledgment slip which contains the URN number, the Aadhar officials will give you a print out of the Aadhar card.
Aadhar Card Phone Number Update [Everything You Need]
Link a phone number to Aadhar card is important to getting the different services and facilities. So it is important to link the number to card.
You can link your phone number to Aadhar card with the help of 2 ways that are online and offline.
Besides, even individuals can also go to nearest shops of phones to give the entry of their fingerprints and done the process of a phone number.
To link the phone number with Aadhar card you need to follow some procedures. That is,
- To link the number with your card go to the nearest mobile operator shop.
- Then buy the new sim card.
- For that provide them a copy of Aadhar for ID and address of your home.
- Always keep in minds that use the biometric scanner to fingerprint scan and verify Aadhar number.
- Then you can use the new sim card as you issued the card.
- The sim card can activate in the 1 or 2 hours.
Using these method users can complete the linking process from anywhere or at home.
Following are the procedures of linking with online:
- To link, the number visits the official website of Aadhar card.
- Then put the phone number to be linked and verified with the Aadhaar card.
- Then you got the OTP on your registered number.
- Then put the OTP and click on the submit button to proceed next.
- You get the message which is displayed on your screen. That is the 12-digits of Aadhaar number which is linked.
- The message is sent by the telecom operator who maintains the OTP generation process.
- Then you receive the same message regarding the details of e-KYC.
- You need to accept all the terms and conditions as well as the regulation and put the OTP.
- After completing these entire steps you will get the confirmation message regarding the Aadhaar card and mobile number.
- For the security of individuals and the security of your bank accounts and its information.
- You will get the message regarding the Aadhar card into your mobile if any person misused your Aadhar card information or the UID number.
- You will get the bank related or any other important information regarding the Aadhar card on your phone using messages.
You can also update your phone number on the Aadhar card for that you need to consider the different methods such as online and offline methods.
The procedure is easy to follow and perform but if in case you didn’t get the steps then you can check the information regarding the steps on the official site of Aadhar card.
Following this report, you will get brief information on linking the phone number to Aadhar card and steps to updates the phone number of the Aadhar card.
You can perform all these operations from your home if you follow the online methods and its procedures regarding the Aadhar card.
Related Tags: Aadhar Card Phone Number Update