Aadhar Card Phone Number Update – Aadhar is a 12 digit unique identification number which is given to the citizens of India based on their information with attested documents and biometric data. Nowadays, the process of updating or correcting the data can be performed in both online and offline.
Aadhar Card Phone Number Update
Following are the steps which can be used to update mobile number via online:
- Open the website of aadhar’s SELF SERVICE UPDATE PORTAL (SSUP)
- Before clicking on the “proceed” button read the instructions thoroughly.
- Enter the 12-digit aadhar number which is present on the aadhar
- After that, enter the text verifying code in the given space and click on send OTP or enter TOTP
- The OTP will be sent to your given mobile number which is registered in UIDAI’s database.
- Enter the OTP to log in to your account.
- The alternative feature of TOTP can also be used to proceed.
- Now, there will be different options like address, name, mobile number etc. tick the mobile number option and click on the submit
- Enter the new mobile number and click on the submit request option.
- Once, check the mobile number that has been entered whether the given information is accurate or not. If the given information is correct, click on the submit update request button.
- Choose the type of document as proof of address for verification.
- From your database select a scanned copy of the document and click on the submit
- A confirmation dialogue will appear on the screen and after reading it, choose the BPO service provider which will verify the documents and then click on submit.
- The BPO service provider will verify the information given in the form with POA and hence transfer the details to UIDAI.
- The request of updating the mobile number will be accepted and update request number will appear on your screen which can be used to track the status of the work.
How to Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card Offline
There are many incidents where peoples do not use the mobile numbers which are provided in the Aadhar card. Following are the steps of updating the mobile number in Aadhar card:
- Visit the nearest Aadhar update center.
- Fill up the Aadhar update form which will be given by the officials.
- Clear the doubts while filling up the form and provide only the correct information.
- Fill up the current mobile number and the previous number will be of no use.
- No extra documents will be required to fulfill the update request.
- Then the officials will enter your request of updating the mobile number.
- An acknowledgment slip which will contain your URN number.
- A fee of ₹ 25 is to be charged by the officials for your update request.
Once your update request is fulfilled, you will get a reminder via SMS and after showing your acknowledgment slip which contains the URN number, the Aadhar officials will give you a print out of the Aadhar card.
Related Tags: Aadhar Card Phone Number Update