Aadhar Card Link to Bank Account SBI – Aadhaar Card has found many useful applications in India especially in the linking of SBI savings account and other bank accounts. Since 2017, it was made mandatory by the government for customers to link their Aadhaar card to their banks account without which they won’t be able to do any kind of transactions with their bank account such as cash deposit, ATM withdrawal, fund transfer, passbook update and many more.
There are several ways in which a bank account holder will be able to link their Aadhaar card to their bank account which includes, through the bank’s official website, visiting any SBI branch, SBI ATMs, SBI’s mobile app and through SBI internet banking portal.
Aadhar Card Link to Bank Account SBI
You would able to link your bank account to your Aadhaar card through SBI website by the following steps below:
- Open your browser and type in SBI website “www.sbi.co.in”
- Under the “Announcements” section, tap or click on “Aadhaar linking for all SBI customers”
- Enter your SBI account number and enter the captcha code as displayed.
- Then you will receive a OTP (one-time password ) on the registered mobile number.
- Enter the Aadhaar 12 digit number.
- You will receive on your mobile number the status of the linking.
Linking your Aadhaar card visiting a branch of SBI.
There are a few ways you need to follow for you to link your Aadhaar card to your SBI account through any SBI branch. The procedures are:
- Access the closest branch of SBI.
- Ask for a “Letter of Request” and fill in the required details.
- Submit the “Letter of Request” along with a copy of Aadhaar letter.
- The bank will verify your documents, process your request and complete the linking.
- You will receive an SMS about the status of the linking sent to your registered mobile number.
Linking your Aadhaar card through SBI internet banking
You would able to link your bank account to your Aadhaar card through SBI Internet banking by the following steps below:
- Log in to the portal of SBI internet banking.
- Click on “My Accounts”
- Go to “Link your Aadhaar number”
- Select “SBI Account Number”
- Fill in your 12-digit Aadhaar unique number.
- Click on the button “Submit”
- You will receive a message about the status of the linking on your registered mobile number.
Linking your Aadhaar card through SBI ATMs.
For the sake of your convenience, there are various ways in which you can link your Aadhaar Card to your SBI bank accounts, in addition to the above-mentioned ways is through any SBI ATMs. The steps are:
- Go to the closest SBI ATM
- Slot in your debit card and enter your secret pin.
- Go to “Service Registrations” on the displayed menu.
- Click on “Aadhaar Registration”
- Select “Account Type”
- Fill in your Aadhaar 12 digit number twice.
7 then you will receive a text about the status of the linking on your registered mobile number.
Related Tags: Aadhar Card Link to Bank Account SBI