Aadhar Card Date of Birth Change – In case the date of birth in the Aadhar card is not correct, changing can be done, although changing Date of Birth is not very easy. Recently changing the date of birth in the Aadhar card more than once will require you to visit the central office. There is a new regulation that has been added to the Aadhar Regulations, 2016. The regulation states that ‘’provided that the date of birth of resident can be updated once, updating date of birth more than once will require the resident to visit the Regional Office’’.
The move of changing the date of birth once or visiting the center appears to be a way to discourage people from making frequent changes of date of birth details.
Aadhar Card Date of Birth Change
There are three ways you can use to change the date of birth; online, Via Post or by visiting the Enrolment Centre.
1. Changing Online – the following are the steps to update date of birth details online
– Visit the Self Service Portal
– After the portal finish loading, enter your Aadhar Number and click send OTP button on the same page.
– The OTP will be sent to your mobile number.
– Enter the OTP received and click the submit button. Then you will be redirected to the Data Update Centre.
– Type the date of birth then click ‘’submit’’
– Upload the relevant documents and click on update data button. Uploading document is important to support the change of date of birth.
– After clicking the Update button, a new page is displayed where a Unique request Number will be displayed
– Note down the request number for future reference. You can wait for processing request for around two weeks.
– Upon processing successfully, the new Aadhar card will be sent to your residential address.
2. Via post – changing the Date of Birth can be done by sending the Aadhar Update form through the post office.
– Click on https://uidai.gov.in/image/Upada
– Then download the Aadhar/Correct Form.
– Fill the fields as required
– When you are through, send the form with all required documents to the Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hill, Hyderabad – 500034 India.
– After UIDAI receive the request you will get the update request through SMS.
3. Visiting permanent Enrollment Centre You can update your Aadhar Card by visiting a permanent enrollment center.
– You will be required to fill in the form correctly.
– Then submit it at the designed desk.
– The appointed UIDAI registrar at the enrolment center verifies the details filled.
– Then the details are entered manually in the software by the operator.
– Resident do Biometric authentication
– The information provided by the resident is validated by the operator and supervisor.
– After completing the process, the applicant is given an acknowledgment receipt with update request number.
– Finally, the operator provides a biometric signature against all updates.
The following documents will be required to facilitate date of birth change at permanent Enrolment Centre:
– Birth certificate
– A passport
– SSLC Certificate
– Also, a certificate of Date of Birth Issued by a Group Gazetted officer on the official letterhead will be required.
Related Tags: Aadhar Card Date of Birth Change