Aadhar Card Correction – It is normal for people to change address, their names, date of birth, mobile number, gender, and email id. These changes should be updated in your Aadhaar card. Sometimes you may note that you Aadhaar card has wrong details and need to be corrected. Updating, changing, and correcting your details follow the same procedures as discussed below:
Aadhar Card Correction
- Using the Self-Service Portal (SSUP).
- The first step is to visit the Aadhaar’s Self-Service Portal (SSUP).
- Then click the Proceed button after reading the instructions provided very carefully.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Enter the text verification code in the text field and click Send OTP or Enter TOTP.
- You will receive the OTP on your phone number which you registered in UIDAI database.
- Enter that OTP to log in to your Aadhaar Account.
You can use the TOTP as an alternative feature for authentication.
- Tick the Address option and click the Submit button.
- Enter your residential address correctly as shown in the Proof of Address (PoA).
- Click on the Submit and Request button. In case you want to modify your address, click the Modify option.
- Tick the declaration and click the Proceed button.
- Upload your scanned copy of address proof and click on the Submit button.
- Read the confirmation dialogue and when satisfied with the information click the Yes button.
- Select the BPO service provider in order to verify your details and then click on the Submit button.
- The BPO service provider crosses checks to make sure that the details that you provided are matching with the PoA and then forwards your request to UIDAI.
- Select the document type that you would like to submit as PoA for verification.
- When done, your update request will be accepted and you will be provided with an Acknowledgement Slip that holds the Update Request Number (URN).
Once updated, you can download and print the updated version of the Aadhaar card.
- Using Offline Process.
You can also update, change or correct details through an offline process by sending your request through the postal service to UIDAI. The process is very easy all you need is having the necessary documents to complete the process. These are the steps to be followed;
- The first step is to enter in the UIDAI website and download the Update Request Form.
- Fill in the required details correctly and change those details that you wish to change.
- Make copies of the necessary documents that validate the changes or updates that you requested to be made in the form.
- Send the form together with the documents to the below mentioned postal address:
Post Box Number 10,
Madhya Pradesh -480001,
Post Box Number 99,
By following one of the above-mentioned procedures you will be able to update, change, and correct your details in the Aadhaar card. Either of the processes is easy and effective, so you do not have to worry just choose on among the two and follow the steps carefully. (Aadhar Card Correction)