Aadhar Card Center – The establishment of Aadhar enrollment centers have now made it simpler for Indian residents to apply for their Aadhars. An Aadhar enrollment Centre is an institution awarded the responsibility of enrolling new Aadhar cards to applicants by collecting their biometric and demographic data. Indian residents may also visit the centers to update their Aadhar details among other services.
An Aadhar is a 12-digit biometric ID number given to all residents in India. First-time Aadhar enrollment center visitors may access the services free of charge but some tasks have a fixed nominal fee set up by the UIDAI.
Aadhar Card Center
Currently, there are about 25000 Aadhar enrollment centers in the country. In addition to government offices, public and private banks, have also set up the centers in their branches with the government planning to increase their numbers to 12000 bank Aadhar centers. This will ensure the centers are set up in secure places and minimize the risk of fraud or misuse of authority.
There are two types of Aadhar card enrollment centers.
Permanent enrollment Centers-These are operated strictly by authorized agencies on a full-time basis. They assist residents to enroll for their Aadhar cards as well as update any necessary personal details included in the Aadhar.
Temporary enrollment Centers-These are operated by non-empaneled agencies and mostly deal with the enrollment of fresh Aadhar cards.
The services available in Aadhar centers are as follows:
- Enrollment of Aadhar card to residents.
- Provision of duplicate Aadhar card and Aadhar numbers to those whom may have lost or forgotten theirs.
- Updating any identification details in the Aadhar card.
- Linking a mobile number to an Aadhar card so as to access the Aadhar card online services.
- To locate the nearest Aadhar card center one has to:
- Go to the UIDAI’S website.
- Click the Locate Enrollment & Update centers in other cites option.
- Select the state, pin code or search box option.
- Input your personal details such as district/ sub-district/village/town.
- Select the checkbox option to only find permanent centers.
- Enter the verification code and click on search button and wait for the Aadhar card centers to be displayed.
The UIDAI portal can also be used to book online appointments to the Aadhar enrollment center of your choice. During Aadhar card enrollment, one has to carry various documents to act as proof of identity. Do check Aadhar Card Status here.
Some important facts to note are:
- Children can only set up their biometrics after attaining 5 years and have to repeat the biometric data submission process when they turn 15 years.
- The biometric data submitted is permanent and is meant to be in your Aadhar card for life.
- Aadhar enrollment is free to all residents, however updating of details on an established Aadhar costs nominal fee charges.
- One can check the Aadhar enrollment and updating status on the UIDAI website or the UIDAI helpline:1947.
- The Aadhar enrollment form and Aadhar updating forms may be downloaded from the UIDAI website.
- Residents are required to carry original documents to verify their personal information.