Aadhaar Card Correction Online with Mobile Number – An individual needs Aadhaar card to get government and non-government services. It includes the important information like fingerprints, biometric, phone number, address proof and date of birth.
Aadhaar is an ID proof as well as address proof when you need pension benefits, healthcare, taxation services etc. To get an Aadhaar an applicant needs to follow the certain procedure.
You will get your Aadhaar card but the situation becomes different when your Aadhaar contains mistakes. The mistakes like spelling in the name address and date of birth. These mistakes may be due to clerical error or you have provided wrong data while filling the application form.
Aadhaar Card Correction Online with Mobile Number
- 1 Aadhaar Card Correction Online with Mobile Number
- 2 What is the need to change in Aadhaar?
- 3 How to make a correction in Aadhaar online?
- 4 Which details can be changed in Aadhaar Card Online?
- 5 Steps to make the Aadhaar correction using Self Service Portal
- 6 Steps to make a correction in Aadhaar card using UIDAI official Website?
- 7 Points to keep in mind for Aadhaar Update?
- 8 Why is the request for correction /updating is rejected?
If you have shifted from one place to another place, you need to update the new address in your Aadhaar. Or if your Aadhaar card contains any mistake, do not worry! You can correct it at your home without visiting the Aadhaar center. The UIDAI has provided an online platform to update your Aadhaar details.
UIDAI has provided several Unique Identity number-related tools on their official website uidai.gov.in for the public. These tools facilitate the user to apply for changes in select details including address submitted into the Aadhaar database.
What is the need to change in Aadhaar?
Spelling errors or any other mistakes in your Aadhaar details can lead to many problems. As linking of Aadhaar and PAN is mandatory so it is must that your demographic details match on both cards.
In case there is a mismatch you need to correct one of them otherwise, you cannot link both. If your Aadhaar card becomes inactive, it is the reason you need to update your Aadhaar.
According to the UIDAI is you havenít used your Aadhaar for any transaction such as linking to your bank account or PAN for three continuous years, it becomes inactive. You need to update your Aadhaar card.
How to make a correction in Aadhaar online?
You can make the correction in your Aadhaar online you must have a registered mobile number to do this. As the online transactions are OTP authenticated, registering your mobile number with Aadhaar becomes mandatory.
With the use of online Self Service Update Portal you can update your Demographic details such as name, address, DOB, gender, mobile and email.
Which details can be changed in Aadhaar Card Online?
You can get all the details updated or corrected in Aadhaar card while updating online. You can change your Address, personal details, mobile number, email id and gender.
Steps to make the Aadhaar correction using Self Service Portal
1. Visit the link https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/ssup-home#/popup.
2. Login the Aadhaar Card Online Self Service Update Portal using your Aadhaar number.
3. Submit You Aadhaar card change request online.
4. Scan and upload the supporting self-attested ID proof for Aadhaar card changes.
5. Once the changes request is submitted you will get the Aadhaar card Update Request Number.
6. Use this number to track the status of your request.
Steps to make a correction in Aadhaar card using UIDAI official Website?
1. Visit the official website of UIDAI i.e. http://uidai.gov.in/
2. You will find ìUpdate Aadhaar Details column, click on ìUpdate Aadhaar Details Online.
3. In the new click, you need to enter the Aadhaar number in the given box.
4. After that, you need to enter the text verification number in the box provided below the number.
5. After finishing the previous step, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
6. Use this OTP to log in the Aadhaar account.
7. The OTP is mandatory in order to avoid the chances of errors.
8. You will be directed towards a new page, which is ìData Request Pageî.
9. You need to select the field, that you want to update.
10. Fill the details accordingly, remember to check the accuracy of the information that will be reflected in your new Aadhaar card.
11. The resident must revive other information such as personal details, contact number etc.
12. Once you submit the form, a URN will be generated.
13. You need to select a BPO service provider to review the updated information and hit submit.
14. Upload the official copy of documents that validate the changes made. For example, if the date of birth mentioned on Aadhaar Card is incorrect, you must submit a copy of ID proof that stands to the updated date of birth.
15. You must download a copy of updated verification for the future reference.
16. Using the URN, you can anytime check the Aadhaar updated status.
Points to keep in mind for Aadhaar Update?
Remember the correction request can be rejected if the forms or the information contained in them is inappropriate. The rejection means that you require starting the process all over again, in order to minimize the rejection. You need to remember the following points in order to avoid the rejection.
1. All the information that requires being corrected must be entered in the appropriate box.
2. The supporting documents must be according to the approved list of documents.
3. Fill the details in English and local language.
4. Any numbers, which are mentioned, must be written in English.
5. While the correction process is going on you must make sure that URN is kept safe and it helps the user to check the status of the update.
6. In case you have not registered your mobile number with Aadhaar you need to follow the offline method to make a correction on the Aadhaar card.
7. All the details entered in the correction form must be filled in the capital letters.
8. All the necessary information must be filled no column should remain unattended.
9. Avoid the use of salutations or designation while writing your name.
10. Only the required documents required as a proof should be sent along with the form.
11. The corrected Aadhaar will be sent to the address mentioned on the Aadhaar card.
12. Make sure that Aadhaar applicant must be present at the location for receiving the Aadhaar.
13. The photocopy of the supporting documents must be self-attested by the sender.
Why is the request for correction /updating is rejected?
Keep in mind the entire request sent to UIDAI is not processed. UIDAI follows specific criteria to verify the details before making any changes in Aadhaar details. Obviously, in the absence of fulfilling criteria, UIDAI rejects the applications. The following conditions must be fulfilled before corrections are made in the Aadhaar.
1. The application form must be duly filled and not incomplete or contain any errors.
2. Adequate documents must be sent along with the form for verification. In the absence of the documents, updating or correction request would not be processed.
3. The documents sent to UIDAI must be self-attested.
4. In case the details mentioned in the form do not match with the document attached for verification, the details of Aadhaar will not be updated.
5. Updating of Aadhaar also face a roadblock if you donít submit adequate documents along with the form.
6. If the updating request for the details in Aadhaar card is rejected due to any reason.
An applicant can send a fresh request by making an appropriate correction in the form and submit the appropriate self-attested documents.
Aadhaar Card Correction Online with Mobile Number